UPDATE: We are currently not accepting any social visits.
At Oak Ridge Assisted Living, the health and safety of our residents and staff is our top priority. Our staff are trained annually on standard procedures and protocols for the prevention of the spread of infectious diseases. Additionally, during this time, all staff are receiving extra training on COVID-19 specific prevention protocols. We have also been working closely with the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and other state and local regulatory teams to keep updated on recommendations and changes in protocols.
Some of these changes include:
- Increasing disinfection of frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Educating the residents about proper handwashing and hand sanitizing techniques
- Screening of all team members, healthcare partners, and critical partners when they enter the building through a comprehensive screening tool and temperature reading
- Screening the residents twice daily for changes in temperature and COVID-19 symptoms
- Sanitizer dispensers are located at convenient locations throughout the building
- Implementing tele-visits with healthcare professionals, so residents can stay at home but stay on top of any health concerns
- Implementing the use of source control masks on residents when they are outside their apartments and during cares
We have several visiting options to choose from. Phone calls, video chats, outdoor visits (if the weather is at least 60 degrees) and window visits are still being offered as well as essential caregiver visits, compassionate care visits, and beginning on November 10, indoor visits. All visits must be scheduled and family and friends can do that using the “sign up genius” link.
Checkout our Facebook page to see the current things happening at Oak Ridge. We are currently able to offer activities in groups of 10 or fewer.
We encourage everyone to follow the link below to Minnesota Department of Health’s website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 651-438-0418 and ask to speak with Kent or Carolyn.